Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
American Cancer Society Kansas City Board Membership
Minimum ExpectationsIt is expected all Chairman’s Circle members:
- Attend and participate in scheduled meetings. (minimum of 3 out of 4 annually)
- Active engagement on one of the Chairman’s Circle subcommittees.
- Support the actions of the Chairman’s Circle as one.
- Connect to local community volunteers.
- Leverage contacts and relationships to grow the society’s revenue and advance its mission.
- Be current with ACS cancer screening guidelines that are appropriate to each individual (colorectal cancer, breast cancer, nontobacco user, etc.)
- Members, either individually or through their business, will make an annual minimum membership donation of $1,000.00. Become a member of American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network (ACS-CAN). Minimum annual cost is $10.00 renewed annually.
- Understand and advocate the mission and objectives of the organization.
- Support, individually and collectively, ACS decisions and enterprise policies.
- Identify opportunities and resources to advance the Society’s mission.
- Set annual membership goals and evaluate progress on a regular basis.
- Personally support and/or otherwise engage in one of ACS’s annual events.
- Actively support American Cancer Society community events, committees and/or projects.
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.