Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
Board of Directors / Board Committee Member
Chapter Board of Directors members carry out the mission of the American Red Cross in local communities nationwide by partnering with local leaders to develop and monitor local strategies to deliver mission-related services, raise funds in accordance with the Red Cross goals and be recognized as the "Face of the Red Cross" in their own communities.
The Greater Kansas City and Northwest Missouri Chapter is comprised of 5 (five) core committees: Biomed, Diversity Equity and Inclusion, Mission, Philanthropy and Board Development. The specialized committees focus on these specific areas and work closely with the local Board of Directors, Executive Director, Red Cross staff and volunteers to carry out the mission of the Red Cross in their communities.
- Is knowledgeable, influential and highly respected in the community
- Is willing to leverage personal and professional connections to promote the Red Cross mission
- Understands the organization's goals, objectives and services.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in working with donors, volunteers and partners
- Has diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships among diverse individuals in our community
- Exhibits integrity, credibility and has a passion to support the community
- Demonstrates commitment to the American Red Cross and its values
- Represents the cultural profile and diversity of the communities the chapter serves
- Represent the American Red Cross in the community
- Actively develop and grow relationships that can help fulfill the mission
- Connect to and build relationships with strategic partners, volunteers, blood donors and financial supporters
- Support and advocate for "One Red Cross" as appropriate.
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.