Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
Audiovisual Assistant (Volunteer)
Since its inception in 1971, volunteers have played an instrumental role in the success of the American Truck Historical Society. As a member-owned and member-run historical society Volunteers provide the best possible service to the public, whether guests are touring the Visitor Center, researching in the Zoe James Memorial Library, or attending a public program.
The Audiovisual Assistant will assist the ATHS Library Director in general library work in the audiovisual area, including description, preservation, clerical work, reference, etc. Audiovisual collections include still photographs, films, and sound recordings.
- Preparing descriptive information on photographs, sound recordings, films, and videos.
- Preparing photograph finding aids.
- Refiling photos and negatives.
- Assisting the Library Director in responding to reference requests from staff or outside sources.
- Placing negatives and photographs in acid-free sleeves for preservation purposes.
A minimum commitment of 4-5 hours per week for a three-month period is required. Volunteer opportunities will be available Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Must be age 16 or older
- Reliable, responsible
- Able to work independently
- Able to accept supervision
- Capable of performing repetitive tasks with attention to detail
- Typing skills and computer skills helpful
- Good organizational skills helpful
On-the-job training provided by the Library Director.
American Truck Historical Society, Kansas City, Missouri
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.