Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
Help critically-ill patients as a Community Blood Center (CBC) Volunteer.
CBC Volunteers help as:
- DRIVERS delivering blood/plasma/platelets for critically-ill patients in regional hospitals and/or pick-up donations (min age: 21)
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH SPECIALISTS helping to set up donor appointments, assisting with blood drive registrations and recruitment and sharing the importance of blood donation at community events; Door reminder calls can be done from home (min age: 16)
- BLOOD DRIVE AMBASSADORS greeting and chatting with donors, thanking them for their gift and providing refreshments that replenish electrolytes/fluids (min age: 14)
- SPANISH OR ASL INTERPRETERS help guide Spanish-speaking or hearing impaired donors through the process during blood drives
- DATA ENTRY & OFFICE ASSISTANT volunteers who provide office assistance with filing, inventory, shredding and assorted other administrative responsibilities (min age: 16)
Volunteers must submit an application, participate in an interview & background screening and attend an orientation. Volunteer drivers must also pass a Motor Vehicle Record check and Distracted Driving exam, be comfortable driving in variable road conditions, have a standard license in Kansas or a Class E license in Missouri (we will reimburse after 6 months of service), and complete a ride-along with an experienced volunteer.
A minimum commitment of 12 hours of service in at least 6 months of service is required. Couples or friends can drive as teams but both will have to complete the application requirements and training.
To learn more, contact Volunteer Services at (816) 968-4079 or email@example.com
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.