Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Instructions to Post
Log in to post your volunteer opportunity or board position.
If you are a new user, please email email@example.com to receive login credentials.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
First Call Board Member
First Call’s values of person-centered service, community, collaboration, and kindness are foundational for the agency’s focus on accessibility, commitment to data-driven practice, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as we work toward our mission of reducing the impact of alcohol, drugs, and addiction by providing quality resources to individuals, families, and the community.
Commitment to Diversity:
First Call recognizes that systemic racism, discrimination, and stigma have impacted accessibility of harm reduction tools, prevention efforts, and treatment of substance use disorders for individuals, families, and communities we serve. First Call affirms its ongoing responsibility to build strategic initiatives and foster environments in which all people are respected, included, and afforded equitable outcomes.
Board of Directors Position Summary
Board of Directors members will support the work of First Call and provide mission focused leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are conducted by the President & CEO, the relationship between staff and the Board is a partnership, and appropriate involvement is expected.
Specific Board Member Responsibilities
Legal and Policy
- Adopt, follow, and provide guidance for First Call by-laws and policies & procedures.
- Actively participate in development of the First Call Strategic Plan
- Assist First Call management of sound fiscal practices, with comprehensive knowledge of First Call financial statements, annual budget, and additional financial reports.
- Understand and share publicly the work of First Call, with a focus on advocacy, stigma reduction, and recruitment of potential board members.
- Provide regular support in evaluation of operations, outcomes, and President & CEO reviews.
Avoid Conflict of Interest
- Meet expectations of disclosure of any possible conflicts of interest and follow conflict of interest standards and best practices.
- Participate in monthly board meeting.
- Participate in annual board retreat.
- Participate in at least 1 First Call committee, including recruiting efforts and reporting.
- Make an annual gift to First Call according to personal means, and assist in additional fund development.
- Participate in development and fundraising events each year.
- Attend at least one First Call staff meeting each year
Email CV and letter of interest to Emily Hage, President & CEO of First Call, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.