Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
- Board member is a member of the Friends of Johnson County Library
- Willing to serve up to two three-year terms as an elected member (or serve some portion thereof if appointed to fill the remainder of a vacant, unexpired term)
- Committed to attending ten board meetings per year which are held at 5:30pm the second Tuesday of each month, excluding June and December
- Willing to actively participate in one or more committees and carry out appropriate assignments outside of monthly board meetings
- Willing to serve as an officer or in other leadership roles
- Willing to provide reports on Friends activities at Library and Foundation Board meetings
- Agrees to record volunteer hours each month and submit records to Volunteer Services Coordinator
- Attends as many Friends and Friends-sponsored Library activities as possible
- Acts as an ambassador for the Friends and the Library in a formal and informal capacity
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.