Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
The Friends of Johnson County Library is organized as a Kansas not-for-profit corporation and operates exclusively for charitable and educational purposes.
The purpose of the Friends is to bring together individuals interested in the Johnson County Library system, promote informed community interest in the Library functions, resources, services and needs and to raise supplementary funds for Johnson County Library.
Nearly 1,000 dedicated members of this non-profit organization help to make Johnson County Library one of the strongest and best libraries in the country. For more than 60 years, the Friends have provided leadership and support, and have raised our community’s awareness of library programs and services.
Criteria/Expectations for Friends Board Members
- Board Member is a member of the Friends of the Library
- Willing to serve up to two three-year terms as an elected member (or serve some portion thereof if appointed to fill the remainder of a vacant, unexpired term)
- Committed to attending ten board meetings per year with an excused absence
- Willing to participate actively in one or more committees and carry out appropriate assignments outside monthly board meetings
- Willing to serve as an officer or in other leadership roles
- Willing to provide reports on Friend’s activities at Library and Foundation Board meetings
- Agrees to record volunteer hours each month and submit to Library Volunteer Services Coordinator
- Attends as many Friends and Friends-sponsored library activities as possible
- Acts as an ambassador for the Friends and the Library in a formal and informal capacity
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.