Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
While day-to-day operations are led by GPSPCA’s Chief Executive Officer, the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership. The appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected to provide leadership, governance, and oversight. Here’s what you can expect as a member of our Board:
- Serving as a trusted adviser to the CEO as she develops and implements GPSPCA’s strategic plan.
- Approving GPSPCA’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions.
- Being informed of and meeting all legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics for evaluating community impact.
- Reviewing agenda and supporting materials in preparation for quarterly board meetings.
- Contributing to the annual performance review of the CEO.
- Assisting the CEO and Board Chair in identifying and recruiting other Board members.
- Serving on committees and taking on special assignments (1-3 hours per month).
- Attending a Board planning event one weekend day per year.
- Actively participate in GPSPCA’s fundraising efforts, events, and donor engagement meetings.
- Ensuring GPSPCA’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities GPSPCA serves.
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.