Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
GUILDit Art/Biz - Board Member Opportunity
For the past 5 years, GUILDit has hosted an array of artists who present their business to an audience, for a healthy dose of brainstorming on business solutions. Diversity is a core value.
Monthly forums with workshops, panels, lectures, speed networking, art shows, and other business-building events dispersed throughout the year.
Forums/Workshops Are Once A Month
4th Thursday, 12-1pm, online or at the Kemper Museum
Board Description Highlights – Help build a strong direction and foundation for GuildIt
- 6 board meetings a year with 2 that can be missed (most will have a video/call-in option)
- 7-9 board members with 2 committees (committees can have non-board members)
- The 2 committees are Strategic and Sustaining, which meet at least 5 times a year
- Attend at least 3 of our forums or other events per year
- Total hour commitment of ~35 hours a year
- Two-year terms with elections staggered to assure continuity of board experience
- Give/Get will vary between executives, managers, industries, artists, and sole proprietors
Want to explore becoming a member? Please submit your resume or link to your LinkedIn Profile to Susana Bruhn at email@example.com. Thanks.
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.