Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
Treasurer For GUILDit Art/Biz
For the past 7 years, GUILDit has hosted an array of artists and events so to grow KC's art economy. Diversity is a core value of ours.
Monthly forums, plus special events that include panels, lectures, art shows, and other business-building activities. Also, we plan to be opening a new art center by the Fall.
- Give/Get is not required but encouraged. If choose get will provide methods and leads.
Treasurer Description Highlights
- Present financial reports to the board, generated by the bookkeeper.
- Lead the board in obtaining the organization's financial goals
- Work with the Executive Director to refine the annual budget
Board Description Highlights
~ 6 board meetings a year with 2 that can be missed (some will have a video/call-in option)
- 7-9 board members with 2 committees (committees can have non-board members)
- The 2 committees are Strategic and Sustaining, which meet at least 5 times a year
- Be on a committee and attend the majority of its meetings.
- Attend at least 3 of our forums or other events per year
- Total hour commitment of ~35 hours a year
- Two-year terms with elections staggered to assure continuity of board experience
Want to explore becoming a member? Please submit your resume or link to your LinkedIn Profile. Thanks.
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.