Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
For more information, visit www.hoapf.org
HOAPF seeks individuals who want to support military families needing higher education financial support. We are partnering with 23 schools across seven states and expect to grow to 40 schools in approximately 15 states by 2024.
Are you a people-oriented, enthusiastic planner with an eye for detail and a mind for organization and leading volunteers? Do you have data management and admin skills, web design, content creation, and social media management, and an hour or so per week to dedicate to a great cause on your own time from home?
We need you on our team!
Ongoing volunteer and project committee positions available:
- Data Management and Research Volunteers
- Data Collecting and Management: Partner Schools, Donors, and Scholarship Recipients
- Compiling impact data gathered from partner schools
- Grant searching and writing
- Branding and strategy expertise
- Web design
- email newsletters, web blog/news updates, press releases
- inquire and schedule speaking opportunities for HOAPF representatives, podcasts, and third-party hosted events.
- Seek news and print media spots and highlights.
- Storytelling: working with schools to obtain authorized bios/photos/stories and encourage cross-posting, edit copy for socials, and event media
- Social Media
- Content creation, design, copywriting, and posting
- Social-related Communications
- Partner/Donor Highlight postings with logos, impact stories, thanks, etc.
- Create a content calendar based on major military holidays (Month of the Military Child, Military May, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Veterans Day, Gold Star days, etc.)
- Crowdfunding 2-3 times per year (Memorial Day, Vets Day)
- Community Engagement: Events & Volunteer Coordinator
- Maintain Ongoing Volunteer database and communications
- Plan and execute small fundraising events, ideally third-party hosted, working with sponsor/host companies and organizations
- Assist in planning and running potential reception/program or event on or around Veterans Day, Nov 11, 2023
The Heart of America Patriot Foundation
13725 Metcalf Avenue, #364, Overland Park, Kansas, 66223
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.