Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
Virtual Budget Counselor
Time Commitment: 1-1.5 hours weekly
- Understanding that your time and commitment is a crucial piece of the success here at Hillcrest Hope.
- Working with the families and the Case Manager to draw up a 3-month plan designed to bring the family from homelessness to self-sufficiency.
- Communicating with the family and the Case Manager about financial goals that are set.
- Imparting a sense of ownership in their lives and building up their self-esteem by teaching them and showing them success with money management.
- Direct resident to close all other bank accounts if they have not already done so.
- Help resident or guide them in opening a savings account at Bank Liberty in Liberty or First Federal Bank of KC in Avondale, unless deemed necessary by Case Manager that they maintain a current bank account.
- Retrieve credit report and past debt from resident. (Case Manager should have given resident a copy)
- Clearly communicate to resident that this program is all Needs and no Wants and know what is acceptable in the program and what is not.
- Conduct a weekly 1-1.5 hour budget meeting with resident.
- Reconcile all monies with resident weekly.
- Weekly communication with CM about any concerns that you might have.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
- Take your commitment to our organization to heart, performing your duties to the best of your ability.
- Honor confidentiality.
- Deal with conflicts or difficulties in an appropriate manner as outlined in organization's manual.
- Be courteous, friendly and cooperative.
- Offer constructive feedback about our organization in an appropriate manner.
- Be willing to learn and take part in orientation and training sessions.
- Follow through on commitments and advise your supervisor if you are unable to work as scheduled.
- Demonstrate respect.
- Treat everyone fairly and without discrimination.
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.