Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of KCAVP.
- Ability to work with other people.
- Demonstrates willingness to make the required time commitment and contribute talents.
- Commitment to the financial well-being of KCAVP, including contributing annually to the organization in the form of board dues, oversight of the annual budget and fundraising process, and participating in at least one fundraising event each year.
- Commitment to encouraging staff development and review of the executive director.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to be regularly accessible by telephone, e-mail, or other means.
- Mission Statement:
- The Kansas City Anti-Violence Project (KCAVP) provides dedicated services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) youth and adults, throughout Missouri and Kansas, who have experienced trauma, violence, harassment or neglect. Through direct advocacy, professional training and community education, we work to prevent and respond to domestic violence, sexual violence and hate crimes.
- Type of Organization: (human services, arts, education, etc.)
- Human services; victim services and outreach
- We are looking for someone with expertise in:
- Fundraising, Finance, Event Planning, Networking
- What is the designated term for board service?
- Three years; with three terms of service option
- How often does your board meet?
- Monthly full board meeting
- Additional sub-committee meetings/teleconferences
- What personal or financial contribution is expected of each board member?
- Give/get of $1000 annually
- Any additional board expectations:
- 80% minimum attendance at board meetings
- Service on and participation in at least one board committee
- Does your organization carry directors and officers (D&O) liability insurance?
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.