Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
Kansas City Shock Athletics Association
EXPECTATIONS OF THE BOARD AS A WHOLE
Kansas City Shock Athletics Association (Kansas City Shock) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization for sports based youth development, dedicated to shaping college prospects & well-rounded young adults through sports. As the highest leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the board is responsible for:
• carrying out the mission and purposes of the organization
• strategic and organizational planning
• ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
• fundraising and resource development
• approving and monitoring Kansas City Shock’s programs and services
• enhancing Kansas City Shock’s public image
• assessing its own performance as the governing body of Kansas City Shock
EXPECTATIONS OF INDIVIDUAL BOARD MEMBERS
Each individual board member is expected to
• know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
• faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
• serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and
securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for Kansas City Shock to advance its
• leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve Kansas
CIty Shock’s mission
• give a meaningful personal financial donation
• help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational
standing, and can influence public policy
• prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings
• participate fully in one or more committees
BOARD MEMBERS ARE ALSO EXPECTED TO
• follow the organization’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions
• sign an annual conflict-of-interest disclosure and update it during the year if necessary, as well as
disclose potential conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings
• maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of Kansas City Shock
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.