Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
**EMERGENCY** Driver's needed to deliver meals each week to homebound Clients
Volunteer for the KC Shepherd’s MEALS on WHEELS!
KC Shepherd’s Center’s Meals on Wheels Program mobilizes volunteers to nutritious meals to individuals, age 60+ or disabled, who are home-bound in the Kansas City service area.
We are currently recruiting volunteers to deliver meals and other supplies in our service area to adults that are 60+ and homebound.
- Deliver hot meals to home bound seniors.
- Deliver frozen meals to home bound seniors.
- Deliver personal hygiene supplies.
- ALL routes are Monday- Friday.
We can set up a volunteer schedule that works with yours. Whether that be once a week, once a month or as needed.
- Pickup location is at the Central United Methodist church located at 5144 Oak St, Kansas City, MO 64112.
- Pick up is located at the back side of the church, volunteer will pull up and a staff member will load items into car.
- Volunteer will need to have a vehicle capable of holding all the food ie: trunk and back seat clear or SUV with back empty
- Pick up time is between 10:00 am & 10:45 am depending on route.
- Route will take approximately an hour to an hour and a half and will have 6-8 stops.
- Drivers will need to have a valid driver’s license current insurance, and be able to pass a background check.
- Each driver is provided disposable gloves and masks. This is a NO CONTACT delivery.
If you are interested please contact volunteer manager Bobi Hallak at email@example.com or 816-444-1121 ext. 105 to fill out a volunteer application.
Nine million seniors face the threat of hunger, and millions more live alone in isolation. With the senior population expected to double by 2060.
You can make a difference!
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.