Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
College graduate with a communications degree; or a Junior, Senior or Master’s student majoring in communications or a related field
• Flexible schedule available
• Ongoing project guidance will be provided
• Interview staff, volunteers, Board members, donors, and beneficiaries to summarize their stories of what the Foundation means to them. Summarize content for use in traditional news media pitches, blog posts, and social media posts targeting the communities served by the Liberty Hospital Foundation
• Draft press releases and/or local news media pitches
• Create social media content for fundraising events and/or programs
• Update and/or edit local media distribution lists
• Assistance in Departmental priorities as needed
• Maintain the highest confidentiality and ethical standards as it relates to communication with interviewees
• Communications, marketing, graphic design, video production, photography or journalism background preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Ability to complete projects independently
• Good time management skills; including meeting deadlines
• Commitment to the mission and goals of the Liberty Hospital Foundation
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.