Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
- Engaging residents, institutions, and businesses
- Finding innovative solutions to entrenched urban problems and misconceptions
- Utilizing housing, green space, and the arts as core revitalization approaches
- Advocating for equitable treatment and resources
MCC seeks a board member who will share their passion for the organization’s mission by giving of their accounting and financial management skills with the organization through serving as the Treasurer of the Board of Directors.
The Board is composed of up to 15 diverse members who each bring unique experiences and perspectives to MCC’s work. MCC board members are responsible for routine governance issues and, because there has been no paid staff to-date, many board members have taken on administrative and program leadership and support roles. MCC has had part-time contract support with specific responsibilities related to creating a healthy community and now fundraising. It is MCC’s goal to hire program staff before the end of 2020. It is anticipated that a part-time bookkeeper would be hired as a contractor. The 2020 budget is projected to be approximately $150,000. MCC does not receive federal grant funding. Ralph C. Johnson, CPA performed an audit for FY 2018. He is under contract to perform an audit for FY 2019, as well as the IRS 990 Filing. MCC uses Quickbooks online. MCC has a Financial Policies and Procedures Manual and a Conflict of Interest Policy.
The primary roles and responsibilities of the MCC Treasurer include:
- Convene the Board Finance Committee and serve as a non-voting member
- Oversee audits
- Provide input to the annual operating budget
- Prepare monthly financial statements and complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Oversee preparation of IRS 990 filings
- Issue IRS W-9 forms
- Hold and deposit checks and cash payable to MCC
- Prepare checks, log information in Quickbooks, and secure approvals as outlined in the MCC Financial Policies and Procedures Manual (subject to change with the hiring of a bookkeeper)
- Share responsibilities for approval of Invoice and Expense Reimbursement Requests as outlined in the MCC Financial Policies and Procedures Manual
- 3-year term. April 1 – March 31. Maximum 6 years of consecutive service.
- Adequate preparation for and active participation in 7 out of 11 monthly board meetings (3rd Monday of each month (except December) 6:30-8:00 p.m
- Attendance and active participation in 7 out of 11 monthly community meetings. 4th Tuesday of each month (except December) 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Support of MCC sponsored community activities such as offering volunteer hours at the annual Youth Art Festival, neighborhood clean-ups, and pocket park workdays.
- Annual financial contribution at a level each board member personally determines.
Please contact us via email or phone with questions. Send us your resume if you like. We have a short application to send to you if you are interested. We look forward to learning about you and sharing the exciting revitalization activities happening in Marlborough!
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.