Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
Application link: https://www.moneytalkff.org/Support/Volunteer/New-Volunteer/new-volunteer.html
Purpose of Advisory Board:
- Provide an opportunity for individuals in the for-profit industry who want to get involved and use their professional skillset to help those in need
- Build a relationship with individuals passionate about helping the needy
- Provides additional credibility on grant requests
- Active Christian in their local church – active meaning regular attendee and involved in some way other than just attending (small group, bible study, ministry team, etc)
- Must agree and be able to support Moneytalk’s approach to serving clients
- Complete discussion with Teresa McGarry & Volunteer Application on website
- Complete on-boarding process – Closer Look Demo Workshop is one step
- Assist non-profit organization and board as appropriate in your area of expertise – advice, notify of legal changes, new products, industry changes, etc
- Review workbook(s) related to your area of expertise as available
- Assist in promoting non-profit – Facebook and LinkedIn posts (like, comment, share), Fundraising events
- Attend 2 training sessions per year
- Open and read all newsletters
- Volunteer behind the scenes, at events, during workshops
- Volunteer instructor for workshops in your area of expertise
- Guest speaker during workshops on your area of expertise
- Contact business connections regarding the non-profit, sponsor opportunities, community service opportunities, fundraisers, etc
- Contact friends, family, and other connections regarding non-profit opportunities to get involved as appropriate
- Write short articles (with credit) to be included in the weekly newsletters – could be tips related to your industry, general financial money management tips, encouraging stories
- Attend networking events to promote MTFF – Chamber of Commerce members, other groups
- Attend board meetings as available
- Sponsor or donate as feasible
- Other suggestions welcome
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.