Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
- carrying out the mission of the organization
- strategic and organizational planning
- ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- fundraising and resource development
- approving and monitoring the Pilgrim Center's programs and services
- enhancing public awareness of the Pilgrim Center and its programs
- evaluating its own performance as the governing body of the Pilgrim Center
- know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- regularly read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- serve as advocates and ambassadors for the organization
- attend Pilgrim Center events whenever possible
- identify and secure the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the Pilgrim Center to advance its mission
- give a meaningful personal financial donation
- identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s standing
- prepare for, attend, and participate in monthly board meetings
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.