Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
- School Of Economics
- To provide high quality, reality-based educational experiences that prepare young people to understand and apply basic marketplace concepts and skills, and expose them to business-related careers.
Type of Organization:
- Education, financial literacy
We are looking for someone with expertise in:
- Marketing, Technology, or anyone with shared interest in financial literacy education!
What is the designated term for board service?
- 3 years
How often does the board meet?
- 6 times per year
What personal or financial contribution is expected of each board member?
- Make a personal, meaningful financial contribution to the organization (minimum of $250 per year).
- Assist the leadership team with solicitation of fundraising support, with an annual targeted donation total of $5,000 per year per board member.
Any additional board expectations:
- Attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled Board meetings, committee and/or task force meetings, special events, and Board Retreats.
- Volunteer with students at least one (1) time each fiscal year.
Yes, our organization carries directors and officers (D&O) liability insurance.
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.