Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
Shepherd’s Center’s Home Delivered Meals Program mobilizes volunteers to nutritious meals to individuals, age 60+ or disabled, who are home-bound in the Kansas City service area during the COVID-19 crisis.
We are in need of volunteer emergency driver's to deliver frozen meals to isolated senior's in the KC metro area on during the COVID-19 crisis.
Preferably each driver will have a partner, a team of two. This helps when delivering, to have a person to help navigate and deliver the meals. This is a great opportunity for you and a friend or spouse to serve together!
More information about the meal delivery:
• Pickup location is at the Central United Methodist church located at 5144 Oak St, Kansas City, MO 64112.
• Pick up is located at the back side of the church, volunteer will pull up and a staff member will load items into car.
• Volunteer will need to have a vehicle capable of holding all the food ie: trunk and back seat clear or SUV with back empty
• Pick up time is 10:00 am.
• Route will take approximately an hour to an hour and a half and will have 6-8 stops.
• Each client receives a box of frozen meals, produce and milk.
• Drivers will need to have a valid drivers license current insurance, and be able to pass a background check.
**This is a contact free delivery to clients**
If you are interested please contact volunteer manager Bobi Hallak at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-444-1121 ext. 105 to fill out a volunteer application and set up a time for an orientation.
You can make a difference!
**Must be 18 years or older, have a valid driver’s license and able to pass a background check**
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.