Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
Advisory Council Member
Advisory Council members understand the mission:
The Sewing Labs is an inclusive and welcoming community that teaches the legacy of sewing for employment, entrepreneurship, and enrichment.
We focus on individuals who find themselves in at-risk situations, yet welcome everyone.
Advisory Council members act as ambassadors for The Sewing Labs to promote and raise awareness of the organization. Advisory Council members shall limit activities to advising on matters that directly concern the organization’s programs, fundraising efforts, and community awareness. Advisory Council Members are encouraged to apply for Board Positions with The Sewing Labs when board positions become available.
The Advisory Council member shall:
- Possess diverse skills, backgrounds, and experiences to support The Sewing Labs.
- Provide board and management with objective opinions about the organization.
- Provide input, skills, and knowledge towards specific projects supporting The Sewing Labs.
- Attend regularly scheduled Advisory Council meetings, either in person or virtually.
- Follow up on tasks assigned by council chairman or Executive Director
- Identify program resources, technical assistance, and marketing resources.
- Identify possible funding sources and potential partnerships.
- Make connections to local resources, colleagues, or peers for the Executive Director
- philanthropic support or other forms of needed assistance
- Assess the impact of programs, projects, and events.
- There are no term limits, but at least one year is expected.
- Serve as ad hoc member on short-term committees for events such as, fundraisers.
- Serve as an advocate and ambassador to promote The Sewing Labs.
- Attend and participate in Advisory Council meetings.
- Potential for 2–3 hours per month dependent upon needs.
- Attend a minimum of 3 meetings a year.
- Stay informed of the plans, activities and needs of The Sewing Labs.
- Allow The Sewing Labs to publicize council members’ names and participation in print and web.
- Support The Sewing Labs mission in a significant way throughout the year, this may include:
- Providing expert advice.
- Making introductions/opening doors to constituents and potential donors.
- Co-chairing, promoting, and attending events or hosting special gatherings or fundraisers.
- Securing budget-relieving philanthropic gifts of any kind.
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.