Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
Video Tech Volunteer
- Assist with sound, switching, lighting, and set-up.
- Produce video content in support of the classroom and on-line classes.
- Edit digital video from raw files to finished work.
- Capture b-roll for events.
- Distribute video throughout various web & social media channels.
- Organize and archive video assets.
The Sewing Labs is seeking a Video Technology Volunteer to assist our teachers in online classes with videos, cameras, lighting, switching and computer technology.
- Learn how to create content for a non-profit organization.
- Learn how video marketing impacts fundraising.
- Learn applications of video in various social media for non-profit growth.
- Learn how to coordinate all areas of video editing.
12-20 hours per week. Editing can be completed virtually.
COMPENSATION: This is a volunteer or unpaid internship opportunity. Role may qualify for college credit if internship.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Looking for a candidate either undergraduate or graduate with a background in film, photography, communications. Candidates must prove DSLR experience with videography experience (whether personal or professional).
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: • Knowledge of audio/video recording and postproduction.
• Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, or background in other video editing software.
• The ability and desire to work in a non-profit, community environment
• The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
• A fanatical attention to detail
• Ability to be a team player (Collaboration!)
• Energetic, compassionate, enthusiastic individual with an appreciation for creativity and making encouraged to inquire.
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.