Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
Technology Update Project for Habitat for Humanity
Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity in Eastern Jackson County, MO is seeking volunteer assistance from an individual or a team with skills in the area of technology services to develop and oversee implementation of a technology update of our network to result in the optimization of hardware, software and technology services. This technology plan includes inventory and assessment of current hardware and configuration, a review of security and back-up procedures, and identification and prioritization of recommended upgrades with a recommended timeline for implementation. We ask this volunteer, if possible, to commit in helping our organization procure required upgrades and services by overseeing the implementation of the whole process. Additionally we are requesting support with updating our technology policies and procedures to ensure adequate security, back-up procedures, document retention, and a disaster recovery plan.
Written assessment with recommendations, timeline and cost estimates, phase 1 implementation plan, request for bids document, draft update of technology policies and procedures
- Meet with the organization to discuss its current technology infrastructure (hardware, software, technology services, staff knowledge, security procedures, etc.) and desired improvements.
- Review notes from the initial meeting, conducts necessary research about technology products/training, and develops a draft technology plan, including recommended changes/purchases, priorities, timeline, potential vendors, and a budget.
- Meet with the organization to review and revise the technology plan.
- Oversees implementation of the plan, or alternatively supports the organization in implementation by being available for direction as needed.
- With staff, conduct a wrap-up meeting and determine next steps with regard to necessary future considerations or phases.
One to three months depending on volunteer availability
- Minimum three years of experience in information technology planning
- Broad understanding of CRM, accounting software, etc. is a plus
- Familiarity with trends in the field that are specific to nonprofit organizations is a plus
- Familiarity with the range of resources that provide discounts, training, and advice to nonprofits is a plus but not required
ORGANIZATION COMMITMENTS TO VOLUNTEER:
- Project manager who serves as primary contact and has decision-making authority for the organization’s technology purchases and implementation
- Basic understanding of the organization’s current technology systems, including passwords, procedures, etc.
- Clear sense of the organization’s goals for technology
- Sufficient access, budget, staff time, and skills to implement project and implementation of Phase I of the technology plan
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.