Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
Volunteer at Science City's Newest Exhibit- Let's Play!
**Interested volunteers must submit an application at UnionStation.org/volunteers**
Position Summary: The Let’s Play Greeter is one of the many faces of Science City and is the first person guests engage with when they arrive at one of our newest areas, created specifically for children ages 0 through 3. The tasks of this position includes: greeting guests with a friendly smile; answering questions; and most importantly, keeping an accurate count of the number of guests in the area, both to maximize guest experience as well maintain capacity to meet fire code. The Greeter plays in important role in the overall experience our youngest guests and their caregivers have while at Science City.
Qualifications: Previous experience providing customer service is preferred for this position. In addition:
- Must be approachable, have a pleasant demeanor and a positive attitude.
- Good communication skills and enjoy communicating with children, especially babies and toddlers and their caregivers.
- Working knowledge of exhibits and attractions inside Science City as well as across Union Station.
- Ability to learn and understand the venue.
- Ability to work with crowds and remain calm in difficult or stressful situations.
Description of Duties:
- Greet guests as they enter Let’s Play and ensure the child is not yet 4 years of age. Siblings over 4 are allowed in if they promise to be a good big brother or sister or sit and read quietly.
- Answer questions regarding Union Station and its exhibits and attractions.
- Tuesday - Saturday: 10:00am-1:30pm; 1:30pm-5:00pm
- Sunday: 12:00pm-5:00pm
- Monday (holidays and summer hours): 10:00am-1:30pm; 1:30pm-5:00pm
Science City Overview: Science City at Union Station, Kansas City, is a dynamic, hands-on science center featuring more than 300 individual interactive exhibits and daily programming. Kids of all ages experience the amazing world of science first-hand through fun and engaging exhibits and programs. In addition to changing monthly themes and daily programs/activities open to all guests, Science City (SC) offers onsite curriculum-based programs to K-12 school groups, outreach programs and an 8-week science summer camp. STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education is at the core of everything that happens in SC, be it exhibits, demonstrations, shows, presentations or special events and programs. Annually, more than 325,000 guests visit Science City. Visit www.sciencecity.com for more information.
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.