Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
Youth R.I.S.E Board of Directors
Mission of Youth R.I.S.E
The mission of Youth R.I.S.E. is to empower youth and teaching life lessons through mentorship,
education, and sport.
Overview of Youth R.I.S.E.
Youth R.I.S.E. is a non-profit 501c3 charity organization focused on empowering at-risk youth. Youth R.I.S.E. provides free soccer programming, mentorship, and career literacy/internships to at-risk throughout the greater Kansas City area.
Through our core programs, youth are provided with opportunities to develop skills and learn about teamwork, leadership, resilience, responsibility, the importance of education and athletics. Support and guidance are critical to at-risk youth during life stages which shape their trajectory into high school, college, careers and beyond. By providing a positive environment and offering opportunities for positive adult and peer interaction, Youth R.I.S.E has the potential to positively impact youth developmental outcomes both short and long-term. Through the common love for soccer, Youth R.I.S.E. has reached more than 100 youth within the Kansas City community.
Commitment to Serve
Responsibilities of Individual Board Members:
- Understand and demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission, policies, and
- programs, and needs
- Regularly prepare for, attend, and participate in monthly Board of Directors meetings
- throughout the assigned term by reviewing agendas, minutes, reports, and other
- documentation required
- Understand the financial affairs of the organization and ensure fiduciary responsibilities are
- Participate in annual Youth R.I.S.E fundraising events such as the Annual BBQ and Awards
- Ceremony and Gala Fundraiser
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization to leverage connections, networks, and
- resources from personal and professional networks
- Identify and secure financial resources, partnerships, sponsorships, and gifts-in-kind
- necessary to advance the mission of the organization
- Serve as a member of the Board of Directors for a minimum of 2 years
Board Member Requirements:
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for the mission of the organization
- Previous volunteer or board experience preferred
- Availability to complete assigned tasks and duties
- Must complete and pass a background check
- Professional knowledge and/or industry experience in Accounting, Insurance, or Legal a plus
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.