Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Rabbit hOle, www.rabbitholekc.org, seeks an experienced Accountant to join our team. The Rabbit hOle is creating a new museum experience around children's literature, national in scope, and will be home to the world’s first Explor-a-Storium, where children’s books come to life and visitors become explorers in a storybook world.
The Accountant will work with Rabbit hOle executive staff to manage the organization’s finances as we continue to build the project and prepare for a public opening in 2021. The Accountant will be responsible for executing all aspects of the accounting department including general ledger, financial reporting, monthly closing reconciliations, and accounts payable and receivable. Specific duties include:
- AP, AR and general accounting functions.
- Consolidation and evaluation of financial data as well as preparing special reports.
- Completing monthly and year-end close procedures along with the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Maintaining financial security by establishing and monitoring internal controls.
- Supporting grant requests by compiling necessary financial data and reports.
- Attending monthly Board meetings to present financial report.
- Assisting with the annual audit and 990 filing process.
Experience and qualifications:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent.
- At least five years of financial/accounting experience, including two or more years of work in the nonprofit sector. Experience in the museum sector is favored.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP as applied to nonprofit accounting.
- Superior proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel.
- Interest in and knowledge of children’s literature.
- Start-up experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
This is a part-time role with a minimum of 5-10 hours per week to start. The position could evolve into a full-time, salaried position with benefits for the right person.
E-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Pete Cowdin, 919 E. 14th Avenue, North Kansas City, MO 64116. No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Part Time
Salary Range: Up to $29,999