Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Accountant I is responsible for providing accounting services to Support Kansas City’s clients as described in proposals and as directed by the Director of Client Accounting and Client Accounting Manager.
Accounting Support Services
- Accounting support services including accounts payable, accounts receivable and general journal entries; and management report preparation
- Preparation of compliance forms such as Annual Report and sales tax reporting
- Maintains a conscientious attitude with careful attention to detail
- Provides support to Senior Accountant, Client Accounting Manager and Director of Client Accounting
- Apprises Senior Accountant, Client Accounting Manager and Director of Client Accounting of all unusual situations, problems encountered, and special requests from clients
- Integration of services including Governance & Strategy, Database Management and Fund Development
- Understands the core service areas and support activities
- Is familiar and complies with SKC policies, procedures, core values, and strategic plan
- Participates in accounting and staff meetings and attends Support Kansas City events
- Understand and functions within the guidelines of the Client Relationship Model
- Interfaces with other SKC staff members to maximize efficiency in meeting client needs and deadlines
- Works on projects independently but not autonomously
- Maintains confidentiality of client information and donor information
- Interfaces in a courteous, diplomatic manner with clients and other SKC constituents
- Understands Support Kansas City’s leadership model in the community
- Understands Support Kansas City’s networking weaving and collaboration positions which improve nonprofit performance and sustainability
- Benefits from Support Kansas City’s nonprofit training activities
- High School Diploma required
- College degree preferred
- Working knowledge of standard accounting practices and bookkeeping
- Working knowledge of Outlook, MS Word and Excel
- Skilled at organizing work activities and completing within a deadline
- Experience in bookkeeping, finance or data entry preferred
- QuickBooks experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Strong customer service
Mission: SKC provides nonprofit organizations with business and development expertise, empowering them to focus on their missions
Vision: A high performing, sustainable nonprofit community
- Client-centered - we are passionate about our client’s success as they fulfill their missions.
- Teamwork – we foster a team environment that is reflected in the integrated services we provide in a shared environment.
- Personal excellence - we strive for excellence in the work we do.
- Stewardship – we create efficiencies for our clients individually and collectively, so that their philanthropic funds can be available to meet their mission.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume and list of 3 references to email@example.com by Monday, November 18.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999