Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Longstanding, stable, $1M, non-profit mental health advocacy organization is seeking one or more qualified individuals to assume all responsibilities within our finance office.
The position/s will report to the President/CEO and will total 30-40 hours per week. Working hours are flexible, on a standard schedule, some remote work is possible. Benefits include generous holiday and paid time off; health and dental insurance partially paid by agency; retirement plan and consultation, and supplemental insurance available; mileage reimbursement; paid work-day staff appreciation and socials; and opportunity to work in an organization that is diverse, inclusive and values and supports its staff.
Salaries are based on experience, qualifications and duties assigned and accepted; range $14-15/hour for accounting clerk tasks and duties; $21-24/hour for director/controller level task and duties.
The general tasks and activities for this position will include a variety of calculations, journal postings, research and verification tasks including, but not limited to the following:
Data entry for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Cash transactions, including entry and allocation of payables to specific cost centers; generating receivable invoices; posting of payments.
- Input, processing and payment of payroll, including deductions for benefits (health, dental, supplemental insurances, 125 plan and 403b); tax payments and benefits reports.
- Maintaining invoices, contracts, and other indexed records according to the established accounting system.
- Posting and making timely deposits.
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Cash planning and forecasting.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, including presentation and explanation and research and correction of variances to and from Managers and Board committee.
- Preparation for and coordination of annual audits for 2 companies, and working with external auditors.
- Preparation of annual agency budget
- Participation in agency Management Team
- Advising and assisting CEO in developing and implementing process improvements for financial operations of the agency.
- Degree in accounting, business or related field (Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related with 2-3 years relevant experience, preferred).
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in nonprofit environment and/or fund accounting including financial reporting strongly preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting software required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) required; experience using constituent record management software, a plus.
- Sound organizational and time management principles.
- Demonstrated initiative and follow through.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- High ethical standards to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when working with high-level communications and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, compassionate and reliable.
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills preferred.
Mail or hand-deliver cover letter with resume, salary requirement and application (found on-line at www.mhah.org) to:
Mental Health America of the Heartland
739 Minnesota Ave
Kansas City, KS 66101
Attn: Human Resources (Accounting)
Faxed, emailed or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline: Open until filled.
No phone calls or emails please.
Mental Health America of the Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full Time,Part Time