Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Accounting and Human Resources Team Lead
Central USA Mission Center, Community of Christ, is looking for an experienced, motivated, and detail-oriented individual to supervise the day-to-day accounting and human resources processes of the Mission Center and its affiliates. We support 30 congregations in Eastern Jackson County, one campground, one RV Park, a youth sports program, and multiple facilities.
A Bachelor's degree is expected, accounting major preferred. A minimum of ten years successful and progressive management experience in all areas of accounting and human resources.
1. Coordinate the day-to-day tasks of two full-time experienced team members, balancing skill sets available with established and new process requirements, with the goal of creating an effective work team.
2. Lead through example by maintaining positive working relationships with all employees and volunteers, and by regularly working along-side them, performing tasks when they are not available.
3. Examine existing systems, methods, and reports with the goal of continuous improvement in the financial accounting and human resources processes.
4. Respond to on-going needs and special requests for information by coordinating team workflow with the goal of meeting all due dates.
5. Follow policies and procedures of Community of Christ International Headquarters and regulatory groups with the goal of full compliance in all activities.
6. Ensure cross-training of self and team members to provide for ease of process transferal during team member vacations and sick leave.
7. Provide accounting support for congregations with the goal of assisting the congregational financial officers with accounting and reporting responsibilities, as needed.
8. Primary responsibility for general ledger entries and reconciling Balance Sheet accounts quarterly.
9. Provide support for internal audit processes.
10. Timely and effective communication of Community of Christ International Headquarters information to Congregational Financial Officers.
11. Responsible for all other duties that may be assigned.
1. Experience, knowledge and understanding of accounting principles; non-profit fund accounting experience preferred.
2. Excellent business management and analysis skills within a dynamic and complex organization with attention to detail.
3. Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and listening.
4. Proficiency with the Internet, Microsoft Office, and ability to quickly learn other software.
5. Ability to recognize, report and resolve situations out of the ordinary or out of compliance.
6. Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and integrity.
7. Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal savvy.
This is a full-time, benefit eligible, exempt position. Pay range is $47,000.00 - $54,000.00 per year.
Membership in Community of Christ is not required. However, the successful candidate is required to be a registered youth worker with Community of Christ or be able to register within 30 days of hire date. References will be required as part of the process.
Please email salary requirements in addition to a cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999,$50,000 - 74,999