Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Accounting and Tax Services
Summary of Request:
MEC seeks an external accountant or accounting services firm, experienced with the nonprofit sector. Services include general accounting oversight, generate quarterly management reports, advise on bookkeeping corrections and perform complex bookkeeping corrections using QuickBooks Online, as well as various other accounting or tax services as needed from a contracted position.
Download Request for Proposals for details and for proposal form and content. MEC Accounting Firm RFP v3
Responses due end of day December 18.
Scope of Work to be Performed:
- The externally contracted accountant (the “Contractor”) will respond in a timely manner to the information needs of the executive director and governing board of directors.
- The Contractor is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of ledgers, financial reporting, and budgeting for the ledgers of MEC.
- The Contractor is also responsible for reviewing ledger transactions by MEC staff, which may involve the review of receipts, invoices, journals and disbursements for all accounts of MEC.
- The Contractor will work with the executive director to prepare for annual Indirect Cost Proposal to cognizant federal agency.
- The Contractor will work with the executive director and governing board of directors as needed to increase efficiency and improve financial reporting and results.
Since 1983 Metropolitan Energy Center (“MEC”) has influenced energy use in America’s Heartland by leveraging strategic partnerships to ensure that the energy used in the Kansas City region is adequately valued and responsibly managed. MEC focuses on three action areas: Buildings (sustainability and energy efficiency practices in new construction, retrofits and management); Transportation (alternative fuels and efficiency practices in consumer policy, mass transit and fleets); and Public Advocacy (workforce training, professional CEUs and public awareness inspiring public action). MEC has been designated to manage the U.S. Department of Energy Clean Cities program in the Kansas City region, is a Certified Test Center for the Building Performance Institute, and is a member of the minority worker training consortium Opportunity Advancement & Innovation, Inc.
Job Type: Part Time