Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Growing Futures Early Education Center (Growing Futures) is currently hiring an Accounting Associate to join our team! We offer Early Head Start, Head Start, and Community Child Care options for children 0-5 and their families. We provide much more than early childhood education. We focus on the whole family - providing services for health, nutrition, social services, mental health, and opportunities for parent education and involvement.
We are looking for someone who will be a highly motivated and adaptive individual that will provide support to the Finance team as well as the organization as a whole as needed. The Accounting Associate will assist in maintaining the financial records; process Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll; assist in the preparation of reports for management and the auditors; and other essential accounting functions. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Invoice weekly extended care childcare fees, send out bi-weekly statements to parents and reconcile balances.
- Prepare deposits of other revenue including donations and grants and record revenue properly and timely.
- Charge expenses to the general ledger by analyzing invoices/expenses reports and recording the entries in conjunction with the cost allocation plan.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, resolving purchase order or payment discrepancies, ensures credit is received when applicable, and scheduling and preparing checks.
- Prepare Federal Draw following each accounts payable run.
- Maintain and process payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data as necessary and prepare payroll.
- Enter new hires and terminations in the payroll system and track Paid Time Off (PTO) and other paid time off for staff.
- Reconcile Personnel Activity Reports (PAR’s) to an electronic payroll system for accuracy.
- Prepare special reports related to grants, audit, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable as requested.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO plan with a paid winter beak and paid spring break
- Paid holidays and snow days
- Health, Dental and Vision Plan
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Professional Development
What do we look for?
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related degree preferred. Associates Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 12 hours of accounting coursework required.
- Experience in maintaining double-entry accounting software preferred, not required.
- Ability to accurately calculate mathematical formulas.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Explorer, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and the ability to learn new software.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy; proven ability to meet deadlines.
Learn more about us at www.growingfutureseec.org
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Job Type: Full Time