Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Accounting Coordinator supports the Accounting Manager and Vice President of Finance and Administration in maintaining an efficient and effective accounting department.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES, TASKS AND DUTIES
- Sort incoming mail, create cash receipts log and create electronic files of all documents
- Prepare daily deposits; remote deposit checks and manually deposit cash
- Count/reconcile cash boxes and process donation boxes; maintain a daily cash box closing report
- Process monthly credit card donations
- Assist with accounts payable process
- Assist with monthly reconciliations and adjusting entries
- Order office and other shelter supplies
- Perform office tasks including answering phones, responding to emails, filing, etc.
- Contribute to team effort by providing back-up support and performing other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & KEY COMPETENCIES
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in bookkeeping and basic financial record keeping
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Financial Edge accounting software experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; advanced experience with Excel preferred
- Ethical behavior when dealing with sensitive financial information
- High level of accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail
- Must be willing to take initiative
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Courteous, professional manner, strong customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
High School degree or GED required
College degree in accounting preferred; relevant experience will be considered
Work in office setting; travel to area locations when required in year-round weather conditions. Use of computer and keyboard; telephone; copy machines, fax machine. Potential exposure to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high. Will frequently be working with and exposed to a variety of animals.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999