Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts is seeking a detail-oriented, results-driven Accounting Generalist. Located in the Crossroads district, the Kauffman Center is a world-class performing arts venue with two concert halls. Our vision is to enrich the lives of everyone in the community through extraordinary and diverse performing arts experiences.
This full-time position manages the accounts receivable, accounts payable, and department budget to actual reporting along with other related duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review and process accounts payable invoices, including appropriate approvals and timely payment. Review vendor statements and proactively contact vendors to correct discrepancies or past due balances. Prepare weekly and one-off payment runs.
- Review and prepare receivable invoices, working with departments for accurate billing.
- Prepare Excel spreadsheets for department budget to actual comparisons.
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets for accounts payable accruals.
- Prepare and document deposits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's of Accounting degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounts payable or performing duties in a related area.
- Working knowledge of General Ledger systems, preferably Great Plains.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Candidate must be able to handle multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Adheres to and promotes the organization’s values (see below):
Own it, get it solved
- Honest communication
- Striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence
- Embraces new ideas
- Considerate of others
- Treat others with dignity and care
- Work toward shared goals
Please submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Excellent Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HRA, Disability Insurance, EAP & more)
- 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation, PTO, Holidays and Discretionary Days
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts seeks a diverse talent pool affording equal opportunity to all candidates without regard to race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999