Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Spay and Neuter Kansas City is looking for a full-time Accounting Manager to join our team. We offer a rewarding work environment helping pets and the people who own them. Spay and Neuter Kansas City is a community outreach program focused on preventative solutions to end pet homelessness. Our mission is to decrease pet homelessness, increase pet retention and improve the quality of life for pets through education and supportive services for families in need. We pride ourselves in acknowledging our diverse community with a nonjudgmental and compassionate approach. Our programs target families who need assistance with education, wellness and resources to help their pets live a long, healthy and happy life. Our organization provides services to over 25,000 pets annually.
As a high-volume organization, we need a dynamic professional with a comprehensive knowledge of nonprofit accounting, budgeting and donation compliance. We are seeking experienced candidates with excellent finance and accounting skills, exemplary communication and time management skills, and a drive to succeed in a fast-paced environment. Want to make a difference in you community? Apply today!
The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing and directing the fiscal functions of Spay and Neuter Kansas City. Primary functions include accounting, business planning, budgeting, human resource and administrative support to the organization.
Finance and Accounting:
- Oversee and manage the organization's financial plans, financial operations and accounting practices based on generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP); ensure transparent financial information and ethical accounting standards.
- Develop and streamline processes, policies, and procedures related to all financial and accounting functions including but not limited to, financial accounting, reporting, budgeting, forecasting, cash management, external audits and payroll.
- Responsible for completion of all accounting details, daily, weekly, and monthly tasks such as periodic reporting, office supply ordering, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll processes, donor database management, opening and distributing mail, bank and credit accounts, financial record keeping, cash handling, clinic inventory, audits, etc. Order and maintain office supplies; coordinate equipment maintenance and vendor accounts. Manage office petty cash, company funds, daily deposits and reimbursement procedures, city licensing and microchips reports.
- Work independently and within a team on special non-recurring and ongoing projects. Act as a project manager for special projects, at the request of a member of Senior Leadership.
- Accountable for back end administrative tasks for Human Resource processes through ADP. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Complete all delegated tasks; as assigned and as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Preferred degree and or associates degree and/or;
- 5+ years related financial or accounting experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nonprofit accounting, budgeting, donation compliance.
Additional information about this position:
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Starting salary ranges from $35,000.00-$45,000.00 annually, depending on experience and skill set.
- Schedule for this position is Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Benefits for this position will be offered after successful completion of 90-day probationary period and include complimentary $10,000.00 life insurance policy, complimentary limited long-term disability insurance, employer-shared cost of health insurance, paid holidays as applicable to company policy, 120 hours of paid time off, 36 hours allocated for unpaid personal time off and discounted services for personal pets.
Spay and Neuter Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer.
No walk-ins, mailings or phone calls please .
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999