Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Accounting Manager works closely with the CFO and Senior Leadership. The job is supported by a part-time Controller who supports the position to maintain the general ledger and prepare monthly financial reports in accordance with GAAP. The Accounting Manager supervises the Accounting staff. The Accounting Manager along with the part-time Controller are tasked with maintaining strong internal controls to ensure accuracy of the general ledger, overseeing financial reporting, processing payroll, managing accounts payable, cash management and working directly with the external auditors in relation to the annual audit and preparation of the 990s while adhering to all financial and legal requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all Accounting activity, including accounts payable, payroll and fixed assets.
- Supervise, develop and lead the Accounting Team. Manage the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
- Monitor banking activities and ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization’s needs.
- Assist the Controller in overseeing the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, and all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statement is in accordance with U.S. GAPP and federal, state and other supplementary schedules and information.
- Assist Controller in month-end closing, including selected journal entry, preparation, in-put of journal entries of the GL system and other tasks as assigned by the Controller.
- Responsible for reconciliation bank and balance sheet accounts.
- Responsible for maintaining and administering all transactions related to petty cash
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Use resources efficiently and prudently.
- Effective time management skills.
- Demonstrates courtesy and respect when dealing with others.
- Maintains positive work relationships and contributes to a team environment
- Demonstrates respectful and appropriate language and nonverbal behavior; and actively seeks to resolve customer and co-worker conflict issues, problems and concerns in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates support of, and commitment to, the KCH work force diversity initiative and patient rights. Shows respect for the variety of cultures, beliefs, and heritage of our employees and patients by:
- promoting a harassment-free environment, and educates others on the value of diversity;
- building a diverse work force; and
- demonstrating knowledge of KCH work force diversity initiative.
- Relevant experience required particularly in the area of general ledger, accounts payable and payroll. Previous health care experience preferred. General understanding of basic accounting principles.
- 10 key, Excel spreadsheet, Microsoft work experience required. Attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Job Type: Full Time