Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for an Accounting Specialist whose dual focus is Payroll and Accounts Payable. This position will be responsible for the full cycle of payroll processing while maintaining accounts payable processing accomplished through various payment methods. The candidate is a member of the Accounting team and will report to the Accounting Operations Manager.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for payroll function for 500+ employees in a multiple company environment.
- Maintain confidentiality related to personnel.
- Support accounting functions related to accounts payable, billings and receivables, general account analysis and reconciliations, data entry, production of statements and reports, and other bookkeeping activities.
- Confirm disbursement policies are being followed.
- Collaborate with the Purchasing department to resolve issues.
- Input invoices into the system accurately and timely.
- Process weekly disbursements.
- Support annual 1099 processing.
- Superior computer skills including Excel proficiency and experience working with ERP platforms.
- Test software updates.
- Provide documents for audit requests.
- Various ad-hoc projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter willing to commit the required effort to accomplish objectives and identify opportunities. Candidates should demonstrate solid problem-solving skills with the ability to think “outside the box” and innovatively. The ability to effectively prioritize one’s workload and manage changes in direction and priority is essential. Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product will be vital. Successful candidates will be a team player who demonstrates and fosters a partnering attitude.
- 2-4 years of related experience.
- Associate degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPP certification or experience with foreign nation payroll taxation a plus.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge in working with general ledger and accounts payable and following established policies and best practices.
- Prior not-for-profit experience is preferred but not required.
Submit the requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter
Job Type: Full Time