Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Accounts Payable & Payroll Coordinator
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Accounts payable/cash disbursements
- Review and process vendor invoices to ensure timely payment.
- Work with faculty and staff to resolve missing documentation
- Review vendor statements and proactively contact vendors to correct discrepancies or past due balances.
- Preparing weekly payment runs through Payment Processing system.
- Monitoring the Accounts Payable email inbox and responding to vendor and internal inquiries.
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries as needed
- Record all electronic payments via journal entry in the accounting system.
- Maintain Accounts Payable files
- Coordinating with Credit Card holders the monthly collection of receipts and expense coding and importing the detail into the Accounting System.
- At year end, develop and maintain Excel spreadsheets for A/P accruals, prepaid expenses, other journal entries, etc.
- Collect and verify employee and timekeeping data
- Ensure timely collection of salary and wage information
- Review wages to ensure accuracy
- Processing Payroll through Payroll Processing service (Paycor)
- Update payroll information for promotions, transfers, terminations, and new hires
- Record and maintain employee records and payroll transactions
- Receive and process garnishments and support orders
- Answer questions and resolve issues regarding payroll
- Ensure compliance with company policies, tax, and deduction laws
- Work closely with HR Generalist to insure accurate benefits and wage information
- Reconcile monthly benefit statements to employee withholding
- Verification of employment
- Assist in the annual audit as needed
- Provide general ledger reports as requested
- Various other accounting reconciliation & analysis reporting as needed
- Assist in logging all incoming cash and checks
- Maintain postage meter
- Take mail to post office on occasion when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Associates degree or higher in accounting or related subjects
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in payroll and accounts payable or performing duties in a related area.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local payroll tax regulations.
- Working knowledge of computerized Payroll/Timekeeping/Accounting systems – Paycor preferred.
- Working knowledge of General Ledger systems - Abila MIP preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace.
- Strong attention to detail in all work processes.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle a variety of complex issues and situations. Position requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy in dealing with a variety of staff up to and including executive leadership.
- Ability to communicate clearly and with authority, both in writing and verbally, to others in one-on-one or small group settings.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization and customers in a helpful, courteous and friendly manner while demonstrating sensitivity to and respect for diverse populations.
- Ability to plan and organize job tasks or resources in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to keep strict confidentiality.
- Works in a climate controlled office sitting at a desk for extended periods of time
- Works with multiple computer screens and
- Occasionally bends, stoops and squats
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999,$50,000 - 74,999