Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performs monthly billing of residential habilitation services, nursing services, ISL mileage, eitas grant and private pay room & board;
- Maintains accurate records of past due receipts and makes attempts to collect;
- Reconciles relevant general ledger accounts in the accounting system each month;
- Audits residential habilitation rates on a regular basis to ensure agency is being paid correctly;
- Monitors ISL hours vs budget to ensure services provided match budget;
- Manages tracking of all Grant and Donation income and expenditures and completes related Grant financial reports;
- Enters all donation and grant receipts to the donor management system
- Processes mileage reimbursement requests for all staff members on a weekly basis;
- Maintains record of ISL mileage for billing purposes;
- Manages tracking of all NAFS fund requests and reconciles account at least quarterly;
- Sends NAFS reimbursement requests and tracks to ensure payment is received;
- Makes bank deposits as needed;
- Assists with digital filing of accounting records;
- Prepares routine correspondence and types various documents such as letters, reports, administrative forms and lists;
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Sage, Blackbaud Turbine, Outlook and basic computer operations;
- Proficient with computer-based information and accounting systems;
- Proficient with typing and 10-key entry;
- Ability to proficiently manage time well;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Proficient with written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Professional and positive
- Customer/Client focused
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary. It also requires walking up and down stairs as needed.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are: Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Occasional travel throughout the metropolitan area as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED
- A minimum of two years of general accounting experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates degree in related field
- Five years of related experience including experience with Grants
Job Type: Full Time