Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas is the Catholic Church in Northeast Kansas: Growing as Disciples of Jesus; Making Disciples for Jesus. The Accounting department serves the people who serve the people of God by supporting more than 100 parishes, schools, cemeteries, and other entities with tools, information and guidance related to employment matters. This Bookkeeper/Accountant would be responsible for all aspects of the accounts receivable functions for the Chancery offices and issue invoices to parishes and Archdiocesan institutions. A minimum of two years’ relevant work experience in accounts receivable or other accounting functions is preferred. This position is full-time, and will average 40 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives incoming checks, recording data on the spreadsheet and creating the daily deposit in the accounting software in accordance with parish and office remittance advice; resolving discrepancies by working with parishes or offices remitting the payments.
- Balances the accounts receivable to the general ledger and spreadsheets for accuracy.
- Issues monthly parish statements and processes invoices for parish assessments.
- Transmits electronically the Chancery offices deposits to the bank.
- Assembles and maintains archives of physical copies of the annual financial reports for each parish, storing for accountability.
- Collects the W-9 from new vendors, checks new vendor ID and scans into the accounts payable software.
- Acts as a backup for AP Payroll, Deposit, Loan Receipts and filling in when needed.
- Handles other duties as assigned by department management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize workload to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to identify problems and bring viable solutions to the supervisor.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team.
- Proficiency with data entry and data management.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration is preferred.
- Minimum two year's relevant work experience in accounts receivable and other accounting functions, including working knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping procedures and principles with an emphasis on cash receipts Accounts Receivable.
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word and Excel and other accounting software platforms; standard office equipment such as 10 key, copiers, phones, fax machines and other equipment.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing is preferred.
Note: All employees are required to consent to a background check, commit to our Statement of Foundational Principles as they Relate to Employment, Code of Conduct policy and complete Safe Environment training before hiring.
The Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas offers a comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan including medical, dental and vision, a 401k plan that includes matching contributions, as well as generous paid time off policies such as vacation, sick leave and paid holidays.
Job Type: Full Time