Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Business Office Specialist
- The primary responsibility of this position is to support the administration of payroll and benefits for our employees and to be our HRIS expert.
- Secondly, this position enters invoices for payment into the general ledger system weekly and mails payments to vendors.
- This position assists with purchasing.
- Finally, this position is responsible for the integrity of all paper documentation for all Business Office functions.
Essential Job Functions:
· On-board Summer at Barstow employees
· Assist the Payroll and Benefits Manager with various duties including but not limited to:
o Semi-monthly payroll processing
o Benefits open enrollment and changes
o ACA compliance
· Be the expert on both HRIS systems: Paylocity for payroll and Employee Navigator for benefits
· Serve as compliance officer for mandated notifications to employees, in accordance with State and Federal laws
Accounting duties, under the direction of the Controller:
· Reconcile benefits’ invoices to payroll using excel
· Enter payables into accounts payable system at least weekly
· Match checks from weekly check run to source documentation for signature
· Prepare payments to be mailed after obtaining signatures
- File Management - Ensures Human Resources files and accounts payable records are kept updated.
- Minimum of three years’ related experience and/or training in payroll processing and benefit administration.
- Knowledge of commonly-used HR concepts, practices and procedures including State and Federal employment laws
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information handled
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy, thoroughness, and professionalism
- Must have strong communication and exemplary customer service skills.
- Associates degree in business or other related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Paylocity or similar HRIS program
CONTACTInterested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and a ?Barstow employment application? to Carolyne Lehr, Vice President, Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE BARSTOW SCHOOL
Located in Kansas City, Missouri and founded in 1884, The Barstow School is a co-educational school where students in preschool through twelfth grade develop in a challenging educational community. As originally stated by Mary Louise Barstow, the objective of the school remains “to promote sound scholarship and to give symmetrical development to mind, body and character.”
The Barstow School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
This policy of nondiscrimination governs the hiring of employees as well and includes the administration of all benefits and policies throughout the term of employment.
Job Type: Full Time