Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Client Accounting Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MBA, CPA or similar certification strongly preferred
- Nonprofit Credential preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory skills including motivation, assignment and management of tasks and performance management
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines
- Proficient knowledge of standard accounting practices and bookkeeping
- Proficient knowledge of Outlook, MS Word, Power Point and Excel
- Proficient knowledge of financial software
- Ability to be professional, tactful and diplomatic
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated high level customer/client service and response
- Maintains Confidentiality
- Assist with hiring accounting staff
- Supervise, manage and evaluate assigned accounting staff
- Manage client relationships
- Problem solve and work with accounting staff to find solutions, knowing when to escalate something to the Director of Client Accounting or above, and when to manage it on their own
- Serve on the Accounting Leadership Team, and the Manager Team
- Contributes to the overall success of the organization, offers perspectives and insights into areas of opportunity, and effectively implements areas of responsibility in the SKC Strategic Plan.
- Provides technical assistance and expertise to staff in the delivery of client accounting services
- Provides oversight and facilitates staff scheduling and training
- Provide accounting support services which include bank reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, prepaids, payroll liability reconciliations, and general journal entries; and management report preparation
- Provide grants and restricted funds tracking
- Provide cash flow projection preparation
- Provide education and training of clients regarding accounting best practices
- Maintains a conscientious attitude with careful attention to detail
- Provides support to Director of Client Accounting in the areas of audit preparation and Form 990 tax preparation
- Preparation of payroll reporting for clients as assigned
- Provides guidance and expertise in the preparation of compliance forms such as sales tax returns and annual reports
- Apprises Director of Client Accounting of all unusual situations, problems encountered, and special requests from clients
- Budget support services including budget template development, budget analysis and feedback and budget review with client
- Interprets and presents financial information in client meetings and at client board meetings
- Provides review and supervisory services to client accounting work
- Identifies and addresses client accounting process and procedure improvement opportunities
- Integration of services including Governance & Strategy, Database Management and Fund Development
- Understands the core service areas and support activities
- Seeks opportunities with colleagues in other service areas to identify opportunities for service integration with clients
- Is familiar and complies with SKC policies, procedures, core values, and strategic plan
- Participates and presents in accounting and staff meetings and attends Support Kansas City events
- Interfaces with other SKC staff members to maximize efficiency in meeting client needs and deadlines
- Works on projects independently but not autonomously
- Maintains confidentiality of client information and donor information
- Interfaces in a courteous, diplomatic manner with clients and other SKC constituents
- Understands Support Kansas City’s leadership model in the community
- Understands Support Kansas City’s network weaving and collaboration projects which improve nonprofit sector performance and sustainability
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of Support Kansas City training materials for nonprofit training activities
- Maintain familiarity with current issues and trends in nonprofit accounting
Mission: SKC provides nonprofit organizations with business and development expertise, empowering them to focus on their missions
Vision: A high performing, sustainable nonprofit community
- Client-centered - we are passionate about our client’s success as they fulfill their missions.
- Teamwork – we foster a team environment that is reflected in the integrated services we provide in a shared environment.
- Personal excellence - we strive for excellence in the work we do.
- Stewardship – we create efficiencies for our clients individually and collectively, so that their philanthropic funds can be available to meet their mission.
Email resume, cover letter and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 22.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999