Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Annual Base Salary Range: $49,000 - $54,000
Missouri Housing Development Commission (MHDC) is the Housing Finance Agency for the state of Missouri. MHDC is responsible for administering numerous federal and state affordable housing-related programs targeted to Missourians with extremely-low to moderate incomes.
The state of Missouri receives millions of federal and state dollars each year to provide housing-related assistance and facilitate the development of affordable housing. In addition to MHDC’s administration of typical housing-related funding, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, millions of dollars in additional federal funding is currently being distributed through MHDC to provide housing relief for homeless and extremely-low to moderate income individuals and households.
MHDC is a mission-driven organization providing affordable housing opportunities for extremely-low to moderate income Missourians. The organization offers a rewarding career in public service by providing the opportunity for dynamic, impactful and fulfilling work serving individuals and families across the entire state. MHDC is a relatively small organization with fewer than 150 staff and maintains a high staff retention rate. The COVID-19 pandemic has demanded transformation in the way work is completed and how organizations function. MHDC values staff input throughout exciting organizational improvements.
MHDC strives to be an employer of choice and offers competitive pay, flexible scheduling, life balance including with generous time off, casual dress code, downtown location with paid parking, and extensive benefits. In addition, MHDC is a governmental employer, which may provide qualifying employment for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF).
- Part-time Teleworking (minimum 2 days a week in office for most positions)
- Telework Technology and Equipment Provided
- Health Insurance with Immediate Coverage
- Flexible Work Schedule
- State of Missouri Pension
- Paid Covered Downtown Parking
- Prime Downtown Location
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Immediate Time-off Accrual and Use
- 3 Weeks Paid Time-off (annually)
- 3 Weeks Paid Time-off (medical)
- 13 Paid Holidays (annually)
- 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Professional Licensure / Fees / Continuing Education
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Annual Base Salary $49,000 $54,000
Annual Benefits Value $40,903 $43,730
TOTAL COMPENSATION VALUE: $89,903 $97,730
*Actual total compensation is based on benefit elections.
- Part-Time Teleworking – equipment will be provided
- In-office (up to full-time) in the St. Louis, Missouri office
MHDC is seeking a full-time Accountant to ensure that financial statements and budget reporting are accurate and complete for compliance purposes.
- Makes determination as to the need and amount of any rent increase and transmits appropriate correspondence and documentation to property detailing the decision.
- Ensures that financial statements and budget reporting requirements for developments are met in a timely fashion and takes appropriate follow-up action when required.
- Reviews and analyzes financial statements and budgets for required content and to identify any errors or discrepancies.
- Communicates with developments to obtain and clarify information to resolve any content, error, or discrepancy issues.
- Reviews distribution of surplus cash.
- Updates owners’ equity calculations.
- Responsible for processing insurance claim loss requests and reporting such information to MHDC management.
- Reviews requests for replacement reserve, residual receipts, and other escrows releases for completeness, funds availability, and program compliance requirements in a timely fashion.
- Follows up and communicates with Reporting Agencies and developments to report and resolve problems.
- Compiles financial data and prepares reports and studies as needed on all programs assigned to MHDC and this position.
- Ensures that development accounting files are complete and takes appropriate action to resolve any deficiencies in the files.
- Presents any findings of non-compliance or potential trouble to supervisor for review.
- Upon direction, communicates non-compliance findings to the developments and follows up until resolved.
- Compiles and assimilates data to respond to development and agency requirements.
- Reviews files and corresponds with other MHDC staff to ascertain that property is in compliance with necessary requirements of applicable programs.
- Transmits correspondence and any necessary documentation as result of appeal reviews.
- Notifies and updates supervisor of any impending and continuing development problems.
- Must comply with all policies of MHDC.
- Must comply with any reasonable request of any member of management.
- Conduct self in a professional manner and project a positive image of the agency at all times through communications, attitude, and appearance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 15 earned credit hours in Accounting and one (1) year of professional experience in accounting or auditing. Five or more years of accounting or auditing experience may substitute for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working in government a plus.
- Individual must have the ability to read, write, understand and spell the English language, and the ability to communicate with individuals or groups by phone or in person. Must have the ability to receive, recall and follow communications and complex oral or written instructions.
- The physical demands that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position include being able to regularly sit, stand, walk, grasp, turn wrists, manipulate fingers, talk, see and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds.
- Utilize Microsoft office systems proficiently.
- Project management and organization.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to operate well as part of a team or independently.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Speak competently to large and small groups.
- Openness and adaptability to quickly changing workloads and deadlines.
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999