Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Accounting and Human Resources
Bishop Sullivan Center is a social service agency in Kansas City that assists people with food, jobs and aid. Our mission says: Inspired by Christian faith, Bishop Sullivan Center shows God's love to people in financial hardship by providing food, help in finding jobs and other aid. Beyond material assistance, Bishop Sullivan Center strives to build relationships between those who live in poverty and those who do not, promoting mutual understanding and affirming the dignity of all. We are currently hiring a full-time Director of Accounting and Human Resources.
This position manages all financial functions of the agency, as well as human resource management.
- Oversee and manage the agency’s financial plans, operations and accounting practices based on generally accepted accounting principles.
- Manage and review daily accounting entry completed by the accounting clerk.
- Prepare annual fiscal plan and monitor contributions and expenses throughout the year.
- Prepare financial reporting for a variety of audiences including the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and foundations in the case of grants.
- Work with the outside auditor to prepare annual reporting and tax returns.
- Maintain donor database and donor records.
- Prepare, process, and record payroll.
- Develop, implement, and oversee all agency personnel policies and procedures and maintain proper reporting
- Procure and manage employee benefit plans.
- Update the employee handbook and ensure the agency is operating in compliance with all applicable employment laws.
- Obtain insurance for the agency and manage any claims or issues including Worker’s Compensation.
- Other responsibilities and special projects as directed by the Executive Director.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Preferred: CPA
- Required: Work experience as an accountant
- Preferred: Working knowledge and experience with not-for-profit accounting procedures.
- Preferred: Experience in human resources
- Preferred: Experience with compensation and benefits administration.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
Salary and benefits: $40,000-$50,000 commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, long term disability, SIMPLE matching IRA plan and paid time off as well as standard paid holidays.
Application instructions: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999