Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Metro Lutheran Ministry is a pioneering social service nonprofit providing services to at-risk, homeless, and low-income households in the Greater Kansas City area. The Finance Director is a key team member who works closely with the Executive Director and leadership team to ensure fulfillment of the agency’s mission.
- Responsible for accurate financial and accounting functions of the agency, including:
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Monthly reconciliations
- Monthly financial reporting
- Monthly journal entries & general ledger maintenance
- Monthly grant reporting
- Monthly grant invoicing
- Responsible for semi-monthly payroll processing and related employee payroll & benefits management
- Act as a conduit between any outsourced HR and the agency
- Prepare the annual IRS Form 990
- Work directly with outside audit firm to ensure a completed audit in a timely manner
- Responsible for analysis of and negotiation for insurance and employee benefits for the agency, subject to approval by Executive Director
- Work with leadership team to develop the annual budget
- Provide actual and budget detail reports with recommendations for adjusting actions necessary to meet the approved budget
- Assist with special projects as requested, develop and implement a plan assuring the objectives and timelines are met
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Attend board and finance committee meetings
Bachelor’s degree in accounting with advanced degree or certification preferred.
Three to five years’ experience in finance or accounting, preferably in a non-profit setting.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational, planning, time management and administrative skills. Attention to detail, ability to work with minimum supervision. Accounting skills, and knowledge of budget preparation and contracts management. Cultural sensitivity and competency, supreme attention to confidentiality. Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, QuickBooks, Financial Edge, or similar accounting software.
The projected compensation range for this individual will be competitive and in accordance with the background and experience of the selected candidate. Generous benefits include: Individual health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability paid by the employer; partial family health, dental &/or vision benefits; 403b savings match, liberal vacation and holiday schedule.
Metro Lutheran Ministry firmly supports the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected categories.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999,$50,000 - 74,999