Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Della Lamb Community Services is looking for its next high impact leader to join the Della Lamb leadership team. The Finance Director will be a strategic, proactive, and detail-oriented leader who oversees Della Lamb’s financial activities, including planning and budgeting, monthly close process, financial reporting, grant and programmatic reporting, annual audit, vendor relationships and check processing, payroll, and administration.
The ideal candidate is eager to guide and support members of the Della Lamb team as they serve program participants. On a given day, the Finance Director may reflect upon revenue streams to expand access to early education and youth sports, complete and analyze monthly reporting for refugee services, provide reports to assist in gratitude efforts and grant requirements, and more. The successful candidate is ready to learn new programs, to pursue programmatic health and impact, to implement process improvements, and to support Della Lamb team members in their respective roles.
As part of a growing financial team, Della Lamb will also look to hire an accountant to support the Finance Director. This role is expected to process check requests and credit card transactions, assist in the monthly close process, record journal entries, complete reconciliations, prepare audit schedules, and prepare refugee services reporting.
This position requires a commitment to teamwork, patience, adaptability, servant leadership, humility of spirit, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to learning and growth. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Della Lamb Community Services exists to empower its clients to meet the challenges of education, employment, and self-sufficiency in an ever-changing world. Della Lamb is a National Mission Institution in a covenant relationship with United Women in Faith and an agency member of the United Way of Greater Kansas City. We strongly believe in the dignity of all people and strive to live out our values of LIGHT: learning, integrity, gratitude, health, and togetherness.
All applicants should their resume and cover letter to Ryan Hudnall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your consideration of a position at Della Lamb Community Services.
Core responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Oversee and complete monthly, quarterly, and annual programmatic reporting requirements, including submission of requisite reports and billings.
- Oversee timely check processing and ensure financial disbursement polices are followed.
- Manage and oversee the annual audit process, including coordination with external auditors, preparation of audit schedules and provision of requested audit evidence, and finalization of financial statements.
- In conjunction with the Della Lamb leadership team, oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process. Assess financial health of programs and identify drivers of budget/actual variances. Proactively consider how to improve financial health.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting, including provision of restricted fund and non-designated resources available to meet programmatic needs.
- Effectively communicate and present financial activities and reports to Board of Directors and other key stakeholders.
- Provide ad hoc financial reports and budgets to assist in grant application and reporting, gratitude initiatives, and year-end reporting.
- Implement and maintain effective internal controls environment to ensure financial practices characterized by integrity and stewardship.
- Assist with other administrative tasks, including making copies, reviewing documentation, and organizing and reviewing files.
- Embrace Della Lamb values of learning, integrity, gratitude, health, and togetherness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or related fields required.
- At least seven to ten years of overall professional experience, with backgrounds in nonprofit accounting, operations management, and/or financial reporting preferred.
- CPA or MBA preferred. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Outstanding organizational, leadership, and team-building skills. A multi-tasker who thrives in managing deadlines and meeting reporting requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention-to-detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically in a multi-cultural setting.
- Tech-savvy and a lover of pivot tables.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and strong computer skills with aptitude for learning and implementing new technology platforms and tools.
- Quickbooks experience preferred, with expectation to lead conversion to online Quickbooks in coming year.
- Embrace the tenets of servant leadership and teamwork, ready to serve all members of Della Lamb community with grace and kindness.
- Proven ability to work under pressure with administrative deadlines and manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999