Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Fund Accounting Specialist I
This Fund Accounting Specialist I position acts as a support for the Finance department by performing a variety of accounting related tasks. Primary responsibility is the database entry for all transactional activity.
This person must be able to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines with a high degree of urgency, and operate independently and collaboratively in a manner consistent with the mission and philosophy of the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation.
- Complete the following daily tasks as assigned:
- Enter gifts which include cash deposits, IRA’s, real estate, commodities, life insurance, stock, and pledges in multiple databases via manual entry and spreadsheet import.
- Process voucher and grant payments via manual entry.
- Post receivables and related payments.
- Process gift and grant adjustments including void and reissues.
- Print and distribute voucher and grant checks as directed.
- Create accurate profiles.
- Process gifts related to Charity Giving Card purchases and prepare the invoices and receivables.
- Submit matching gift requests by completing and mailing forms or going to on-line sites to certify receipt of gift.
- Interact with Foundation Services, Donor Services, Investment Accounting, and other teams in the organization including management on gift, grant, and voucher related questions or concerns.
- Research discrepancies and make necessary transaction adjustments in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to regularly complete tasks at a computer terminal while sitting for long periods of time. Required to communicate and interpret detailed information orally. Employee is required to have visual acuity to properly prepare and analyze assigned work. Typical indoor office environment with moderate noise level, frequent interruptions and fast work pace.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume for consideration at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/195589/Greater-Kansas-City-Community-Foundation/Fund-Accounting-Specialist-I
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999