Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Shelter KC is hiring a part-time Bookkeeper to serve in our administration department. Shelter KC is a Christ-centered community serving among the poor and homeless of Kansas City. We offer hope and the opportunity for reconciliation and transformation through programs of relief, recovery and reentry, empowering those we serve to reach their full potential.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process and manage weekly accounts payable
- Be the liaison to the outsourced accounting company
- Manage the digital time clock system
- Assist with purchase order system
- Distribute timely monthly financial statements
- Maintain personnel files
- Reconcile and track grant income and expenses
- Sort incoming mail
- Assist Business Administrator, CFO, and peers when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Professing Christian who is active in their local church
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in Bookkeeping
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- College degree preferred
- Non-profit experience is a plus
This is a part-time, non-exempt position with a schedule of 28 hours per week. The schedule will be during the day Monday through Friday. Part-time staff members are eligible for Paid Time Off after 90 days of employment.
All staff are required to adhere to and fully support Shelter KC’s Mission Statement, Core Values, and Statement of Belief which are can be found here: https://www.shelterkc.org/about/employment/
To apply, please visit https://www.shelterkc.org/about/employment/
Job Type: Part Time