Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
KC Healthy Kids is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing children’s health by increasing opportunities for healthy eating and active living. Formed in 2005, we shape policies that improve our food system and physical surroundings, and, ultimately, the places where we live, work, learn, and play. Our work includes farm to institution, healthy kids bright futures, champions for health youth advocacy, the Greater Kansas City Food Policy Coalition, and walk friendly communities.
KC Healthy Kids is seeking a full-time accountant. This position reports to the Vice President of Operations and maintains a close working relationship with the leadership team, co-workers, our contract accounting firm, and other consultants to perform specialized, accounting and bookkeeping tasks in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
Records and maintains precise fiscal records and financial data; applies fundamental knowledge and skills to day-to-day accounting operations such as processing checks, preparing invoices, maintaining financial records, and assisting with the preparation of grant and financial reports.
- Process checks and prepare invoices.
- Provide support to the production of monthly, quarterly and annual grant and organization financial reports in collaboration with our contract accounting firm.
- Work with the executive administrative assistant on accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Manage and assign receipts to grants.
- Assist with monthly reconciliations.
- Provide administrative support to the annual audit, filing of tax returns and government documents.
- Provide administrative support to the administration of organization benefits such as health insurance and retirement plans.
- Work independently or as part of a team on specialized projects.
- Maintain fixed asset schedule; conduct yearly inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
The candidate should have an Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience. Preferred candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and at least three year’s experience in the performance of nonprofit accounting, bookkeeping or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. The candidate must be a self-starter who also possesses the ability to establish maintain effective working relationships with racially and culturally diverse groups. The preferred candidate must be familiar with and knowledgeable of Microsoft Office applications, QuickBooks online and generally accepted accounting principles. Non-profit experience is preferred.
Additional information about this position
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- The incumbent of this position will work closely with a contract CPA.
- Starting salary ranges from $40,000 - $43,000 annually.
- Schedule for this position is Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- Benefits for this position will include employer-shared cost of health insurance, retirement plan, flexible spending account, paid leave, and paid holidays off.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Email cover letter, resume, and salary history to email@example.com by Friday, August 23, 2019.
** Please note: No phone calls please. Inquiries should be sent by email. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
KC Healthy Kids is committed to maintaining a diverse, multicultural working environment. We adhere to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities to all job applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999