Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Staff Accountant is responsible to serve and assist in all accounting and financial responsibilities. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to; bank reconciliations, journal entries, month-end closing, fixed asset management, office supply ordering, purchase requisition management, grant management and budgeting, annual audit preparation and reconciliation, balance sheet reconciliations, payroll, and other general assigned accounting duties.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or 3 years of Accounting experience.
- Healthcare organization experience preferred.
- Grant experience preferred.
- Bank Reconciliations: Must complete monthly reconciliation of all cash accounts. This would include the operating, endowment, investment, and other cash accounts along with daily cash balance reporting.
- Fixed Asset Management: Will be responsible for maintaining fixed asset ledger and related software to include entries in both fixed asset software and accounting system, reconciliation and proper inventory-taking procedures.
- Month-End Invoicing: Will be responsible for generating monthly invoices to various funding agencies. Will also assist with month-end journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliation, payroll allocations, indirect cost allocations, general expense allocations, and other accounting assigned duties.
- Journal Entries: Responsible for journal entries on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Grant Management and Budget: Assist in creating, maintaining, and review of all grant budgets. Position will also assist in completing regular occurring FSR’s and other financial reporting requests from funders and the submission of monthly grant financials for the Health center.
- Must be able to meet deadlines. There will be times of short turnaround time and occasional overtime.
- Supports the mission and vision of the KC Care.
- Is a team member of the KC Care; supporting other staff members as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned by Department Director or Senior Staff Members when required for the smooth operation of the Clinic and/or its Administrative functions.
- Must have good interpersonal skills with ability to relate to diverse groups of people on all levels.
- Must be detailed and well-organized
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to identify, communicate and exchange information;
- The employee regularly is required to move about the building;
- May be expected to travel to community meetings or other agencies;
- Employee may regularly have to lift up to ten pounds.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. KC Care Health Center is committed to providing equal employment opportunity/affirmative action (EEO/AA) to
Job Type: Full Time